Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Needed to vent.

Ok, so let me first start this by saying one thing. I respect police, I respect what they do, and I respect the law. HOWEVER, there are some police that just make me stupid angry. For example.......
     July 14th, 2011. My family and I were on our way back from Colorado, it had been a VERY LOONG drive, and we were still about 6 hours from home. We were crossing into St. Louis, and all the signs said speed limit 60, and even though I was SUPER ready to be home, I was staying in the "60-64" range.  On top of this, there was heavy traffic, so I was trying to go with the flow of traffic. So, I look down and check my speed, and my speedometer says I am going about 64, and my gps said the same. I look up and in my rear view mirror and I AM BEING PULLED OVER! Ok, so I pull to the side of the road and the cop comes up along side me, (I am still COMPLETELY baffled and wondering what I had done wrong) So, he says the typical "Do you know why I pulled you over today?" me "No sir, I honestly have no clue" P.O. "You were going 71 in a 60" me (completely dumbfounded) "uh, that's not poss-" P.O "license and registration ma'am". So I give him my stuff and he goes back to his car and comes back a few minutes later hands me a ticket, and  has me sign for it and tells me to slow down. By this point I don't even know what to think because #1 I know for a fact I wasn't speeding #2 I was going with the flow of traffic, #3, he was a complete jerk! So, We pull out, and I hand the ticket to my husband (not even bothering to look at it) and he starts reading it and goes "Man, he really did screw you over". me "Well duh." Isaac "no, if he would have put that you were going 70, your ticket would have been 150.00, but since he put that you were going 71, your ticket is 200.00". By that point I'm in tears, and don't even know what to say. I was (and still am) pretty mad about it.  So, ffwrd to today. Being a 200.00 ticket mixed with the fact that we don't just have 200.00 lying around, I called to see if I could get an extension, or make a payment plan. To which they tell me "well, we can't do that over the phone. and in order to do that  you would have to come in here and talk to a judge" me "well, the problem with this is; I live in tennessee. I can't just "come in there" and talk to a judge" her "well, you can either do that, hire an attorney, or appear in court".  
  Does anyone else see a problem with this?! Maybe I'm the only one who sees a problem with this but let me just say this; If I had really been speeding, I would have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER paying my ticket. But I wasn't! AND he even marked that he hadn't caught me by radar. I am so frustrated. Ugh! 

2 comments:

  1. If he marked that he caught you "without radar," I would dispute it, because he has nothing to go off of. Well, other than your signature. Hmmm. Let me think on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, what stinks is I HAD to sign it. They don't give you a choice. I'm still so ticked off about it! :(

    ReplyDelete